Our safety legal experts regularly advise and support leading employers on high stakes litigation and high impact strategy. We can assist you with:
1. Risk analysis, planning and risk control implementationCovering major projects, construction projects, emerging issues, joint ventures, due diligence, contractor management, health and safety governance frameworks, board reporting, critical health, safety and transport risks and compliance with health, safety and transport safety laws.
2. Developing competencyThe difference between reaction and response is competency. This is built through effective training, coaching and mentoring. We can support you to build this competency through training and coaching for senior leaders and boards, crisis preparation exercises and education on emerging legal issues and recent changes in legislation.
3. RespondingShould an incident occur, our team will support you to execute your crisis management plan and advise on key legal risks.
4. Post incident supportWe work with clients to ensure that critical safety lessons are identified and changes are implemented. We help clients balance this with the legal risks which flow from a incident, including enforcement actions and participation in specific investigations such as coronial enquires.
Our safety partners Jane Hall and Paul Cutrone are independently recognised as market leaders in Australia. They have unmatched experience supporting leading employers nationally, with processes to proactively manage the critical health and safety risks, as well as managing the legal risks that arise following a serious safety incident.
As evidence that that our team has a high degree of knowledge and experience applying these laws, we have:
- Conducted over 145 health and safety governance and due diligence reviews
- Conducted over 400 briefings and coaching sessions with CEOs and senior executives
- Strategically managed over 150 workplace deaths
- Effectively managed over 700 health and safety investigations and over 430 prosecutions.