Workplace Safety Australia is committed to providing you with the highest levels of customer service. This includes
protecting your privacy. Workplace Safety Australia is bound by the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988, which sets out a
number of principles concerning the protection of your personal information.
Set out below is information that Workplace Safety Australia is required to communicate to our customers.
We recommend that you keep this information for future reference.
Your personal information
Personal information held by Workplace Safety Australia may include your name, date of birth, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile phone number, email address, bank account or credit card details, occupation, driver's licence number and your Workplace Safety Australia PIN, username or password. We also hold details of your Workplace Safety Australia services (including their status), as well as certain details about your personal interests.
If you choose not to provide us with certain personal information (e.g. your date of birth), we may not be able to provide you with the services you require, or the level of service on which we pride ourselves.
Occasionally, you may need to provide personal information about other individuals to Workplace Safety Australia (e.g. about your authorised representatives). If so, we rely on you to inform those individuals that you are providing their personal information to Workplace Safety Australia and advise them that we can be contacted for further information (see 'How to contact us' below).
How we collect personal information
Workplace Safety Australia collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, when you provide information by phone or in application forms, or when you submit your personal details to us through our web sites (e.g. during telstra.com registration);
- from third parties such as our related companies, credit reporting agencies or your representatives;
- from publicly available sources of information;
- from the organisations identified below under 'When we disclose your personal information';
- from our own records of how you use your Workplace Safety Australia services; or
- when legally required to do so.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used to:
Also, your personal information is collected so Workplace Safety Australia can promote and market its services to you. We do this to keep you informed of our products, services and special offers. If you do not wish Workplace Safety Australia to promote and market its products, services and special offers to you, please call 02 9387 1248. In relation to marketing and promotional material sent via email, we will send such material only if you elect to receive it (i.e. opt-in) or if it is provided in response to your request.
- verify your identity;
- assist you to subscribe to our services;
- provide the services you require;
- administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- research and develop our services;
- gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for us to provide you with a better service; and
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
When we disclose your personal information
In order to deliver the services you require, Workplace Safety Australia may disclose your personal information to organisations outside Workplace Safety Australia. Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to Workplace Safety Australia providing our services to you. These organisations carry out our:
Workplace Safety Australia takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
- customer enquiries;
- mailing operations;
- billing and debt-recovery functions;
- information technology services;
- installation, maintenance and repair services;
- marketing, telemarketing and door-knocking services;
- market research; and
- web site usage analysis.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to:
- your authorised representatives or your legal advisers (e.g. when requested by you to do so);
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- credit providers (for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing);
- our related companies;
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- other telecommunication and information service providers (for example, if you
obtain services from other providers, we may need to disclose your personal information for billing purposes);
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law; and
- organisations who manage our business and corporate strategies, including those involved in a
transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables)
and those involved in managing our corporate risk and funding functions (e.g. securitisation).
Workplace Safety Australia's web sites
Workplace Safety Australia provides products and services via our various web sites. When you visit our sites, our web servers record anonymous information such as the time, date and URL of the request. This information assists us to improve the structure of our web sites and monitor their performance.
Workplace Safety Australia may use 'cookies' on various web sites. Cookies are an industry standard and most major web sites use them. A cookie is a small text file that our web sites may place on your computer. Usually, cookies are used as a means for our web sites to remember your preferences. As such, cookies are designed to improve your experience of our web sites.
In some cases, cookies may collect and store personal information about you. Workplace Safety Australia extends the same privacy protection to your personal information, whether gathered via cookies or from other sources. You can adjust your Internet browser to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used. However, if you disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas of our web sites or take advantage of the improved web site experience that cookies offer.
Workplace Safety Australia also collects Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. IP addresses are assigned to computers on the internet to uniquely identify them within the global network. Workplace Safety Australia collects and manages IP addresses as part of the service of providing internet session management and for security purposes.
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
Workplace Safety Australia takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That's why we recommend that you:
If you are a subscriber to one of our online products or services, you may change your personal
details by using the relevant facility on Workplace Safety Australia's web sites.
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep us up-to-date with changes to your personal information such as your name or address.
You can access your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons.
Workplace Safety Australia reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
How to contact us
Print this statement
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact us on 02 9387 1248 between 9.00am and 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Alternatively, you can write to our Privacy Manager at Suite 1405, Tower 1, Level 14 Westfield Plaza, 500 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction, NSW, 2022 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org